dick goodnuts apparel

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Sleep is good

I recently began using a CPAP machine for Obstructive Sleep Apnea. It has been working and I'm beginning to return to my former self. Here's a bit of insight into my past. I was an athlete as a teen in high school, I played basketball all through high school and was on the track team as well. My weight generally hovered around 150-160 pounds while in high school. In 1998 I joined the Air Force and gained a few more pounds and eventually leveled out at 200 pounds by 2003. In May of 2003, while playing a pickup game of basketball I blew out my achilles tendon. From 2003-2008 I gained roughly 55 pounds, reaching a high weight of 255 pounds. I began CPAP therapy on March 17th, 2008 and have seen amazing results after only 5 nights. For starters I'm averaging roughly 5 1/2 hours of deep quality sleep. I have a bit more energy to get through the day and my physical appearance in beginning to change.

No comments: